Sunday, July 5, 2009

Who Framed Roger Federer?

I don't know if you are a tennis fan...


Now that I am sure you are a tennis fan...

Roger Federer can't help but break records. He speaks Swiss German, German, French and English fluently, but can't say "I loss" in any of them. It is quite the linguistic phenomenon. I want to give him a dollar, but I am sure he will be fine without. He is now the greatest tennis player of all-time and will forever be in the discussion for greatest athlete ever.

Can a tennis player be that? I don't think so, it is not physical enough. Other athletes, in contact sports, legacies' have to be judged including the fact that they ran into big uglies at high speeds for their entire careers. It's true, MJ-Shaq. Barry Sanders-anything, including kickers. Barry Bonds-steroid needles and the occasional catcher. Lance Armstrong-pavement. My point is Federer's body is not enduring the stresses of most of the worst world class athletes. I don't if I can compare him to anyone in a real sport. Real sport is war, tennis is war for the officers.


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment